I’m pretty skeptical about this. Why? Because it’s a corporation seeking to hire organizers to spread the gospel about their business model.
We are looking for excellent Community Organizer candidates to help organize, train, and mobilize supporters of home sharing in Los Angeles. Organizers will be responsible for recruiting and organizing supporters and helping them share their views.
- Recruiting, training, and managing advocates of home sharing into self sustaining grassroots teams
- Hitting or surpassing numeric organizing goals
- Building a network of supporters and advocates in the local business community
- Organizing events such as neighborhood meetings and trainings
Desired Qualities and Qualifications:
- Proven record of using community organizing in political campaign, non-profit, or other relevant settings.
- Be personable and able to connect with people in groups and in one on one settings.
- Comfort with technology and using data to make decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Meticulous organization skills
- A strong passion for home sharing
Excellent Health Benefits
Airbnb Travel Coupon
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume, in pdf format, using the following naming conventions (LastName_FirstName_Cover Letter, LastName_FirstName_Resume) to OrganizingJobsLA@gmail.com, with the subject line ‘Application for Organizer Position.’
I love their use of the term “home sharing” here. Oh no, these aren’t illegal hotels or illegal rentals. . . no, this is HOME SHARING! Just like Uber, let’s go around the law so we can make money! In NYC Airbnb became irate because the Attorney General went after them for enabling apartment tenants to run illegal hotels. Now like their other sharing economy siblings they are seeking to get political. After all Uber hired former Obama for America ’08 campaign manager David Plouffe. So What politico is willing to shill for Airbnb I wonder.